Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Boomerang by Noelle August ♥♥♥



Boomerang (Boomerang, #1)Boomerang by Noelle August (A pen name for Veronica Rossi and Lorin Oberweger writing together) is a book I found out about through emails from Harper Collins (who will send you emails about books of theirs on sale). It sounded like a cute and quick read, so I gave it a shot.

Boomerang is the story of Mia and Ethan who wake up from a hazy one night stand to find out they are sharing an internship where they will be competing for one job at the casual dating site Boomerang. Mia and Ethan have undeniable chemistry, but Boomerang has a policy against dating coworkers. So they try to keep to their work while trying to deny their feelings for each other.

We watch as both of them try to sort out their feelings and what they feel is more important, an opportunity for a job or for love. But they also have to deal with the past hurts from former lovers, who have jaded their hope for the future.

Just like I thought, this was a fairly fun quick read. I never really felt particularly close to either character. I usually really enjoy changes in point of view, but Ethan’s point of view seemed less genuine. I would have rather stay with Mia for the entirety of the book. There was nothing wrong with the story; I enjoyed the premise of the story itself. I just never felt close to the characters or really excited to keep reading. I’m glad I gave the book a chance, and I may read the rest of the trilogy when it’s released. Give it a try, and let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment