Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout ♡♡♡

Scorched (Frigid, #2)Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout is the second book in the Frigid series. I enjoyed the first book, but can't say I loved this one.

Scorched tells the story of Andrea and Tanner. Andrea is spending her time drinking her nights away and sleeping with guys she can barely remember. Tanner is part of her friend group; he's a nice guy, but Tanner and Andrea bicker more than anything else. Andrea doesn't think she could ever be anything more than a hookup to guy like Tanner. Until they end up spending a week together. That's where everything falls apart.

Tanner and Andrea have it bad for each other. I enjoyed reading about their tension, and their bickering could be pretty funny at times. I loved the characters, and the writing, as always, was great. What I didn't enjoy was that it took a long time to get to the heart of the story. The beginning was a lot of sexual tension, and I was starting to wonder about halfway through, where the story could go. It made getting to the story a bit boring.

If there is more to the series I'm still going to read it because I love most of the other books I've read by Jennifer Armentrout.

On a side note, I do have to say I love this cover. It's absolutely beautiful!

What do you think? Do you enjoy a slow build up to a story?

No comments:

Post a Comment