Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Finn Factor by Rachel Bailey ♡♡♡

The Finn FactorThe Finn Factor by Rachel Bailey is another book I discovered through BookBub, and the first book I've read by this author. It was a fast, easy read, but there was no spark for me.


The Finn Factor tells the story of Scarlett, who lives with her best friend Finn. Scarlett is going through a bit of a dry spell. She believes it must be due to her lack of kissing skills, but when someone points out that all her problems started when she met Finn, she believes he must have something to do with it.


I enjoyed certain aspects of this book; Rachel Bailey created great side characters who were full of life and jumped off the page. And the plot was different from the last few new adult books I read.


But the main characters, Finn and Scarlett, we're a bit cookie cutter as far as NA books go. Their decisions were sometimes made so quickly that the story lacked tension. Also, it was a while before I realized the story took place in Australia. I wish that would have been conveyed sooner, because I was left wondering why some words where unusual for a bit.


On a last note, I know J.K. Rowling does not own the word "Always," but when it is used, just the one word as a sentence, to say that a character will always love someone, all I can think about is Harry Potter. I would be hesitant to use it in that way if I were writing a story for that reason.


Overall, the story was pretty good, but the characters were lacking. But I would probably read more from this author is something caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment