Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Beat by Amity Cross ♡♡♡

Beat (The Beat and the Pulse, #1)Beat by Amity Cross has been sitting in my eReader for quite some time. I got a deal from BookBub and thought it looked promising.

Beat tells the story of Ren and Ash. Ren's mom has just died, and her mom's dying wish is that Ren find her father. Ren finds him running an MMA training studio with a new family. And his best fighter, Ash, has just returned on the scene. They have some undeniable connection. Ren's not sure their relationship can survive the monster that lives inside Ash.

Beat was a bit of a surprise read for me. I liked the premise and how strong of a lead character Ren was. And the story was great (the story takes place in Australia, so some of the spellings and word usages were tough to get over, but I really have enjoyed books that take place in Australia. More and more of them are popping up lately.). But the content was much more "mature" than I expected it to be, and some of it came practically out of nowhere. I enjoy a bit of adult fun in my romance, but this was more than I wanted. I particularly did not enjoy Ash's possessive nature.

Warning, the book ends in a cliffhanger.

I might still read the second book, I haven't decided yet. Have you read any Amity Cross books? What did you think. Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment