Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Before You Break by Christina Lee ♥♥♥♥



Before You Break is the second book in Christina Lee’s Between Breaths series. I recommend reading them in order to avoid spoilers. But Ella and Quinn’s story was just as great as Avery and Bennett’s (All of You).

Ella is in a relationship with a lame frat guy whose connection with Ella’s dead brother seems to be keeping them together. And Ella has never really noticed her boyfriend’s fellow frat brother, Quinn, until he takes care of her one night while her boyfriend is passed out drunk. Ella and Quinn grow close in the time after they take notice of each other, but Quinn’s closed off nature and silence about his past is keeping them from becoming as close as Ella hoped.

We get to see the story from both Quinn and Ella’s perspectives, so while we know the secrets both characters have kept bottled up, we watch Quinn come to terms with what he should ne telling Ella. And we see what happens when we see their lives upended in a way neither of them could have expected.

I found this story to be a very enjoyable read (and I was glad to be back to good books). Seeing the story from both perspectives was nice, and add to that was the drama of how the characters would react when they found out how their lives are connected in unexpected ways. Both Ella and Quinn are great characters who felt exceptionally real. Their issues, and Quinn’s guilt in particular, were very well written.

While reading, I did think the ending would go on a bit longer. When all the problems come to a head, they were solved fairly quickly. While I was glad to see the characters get back on track so quickly, I expected there to be more.

Overall, I really enjoyed the story. I have been really enjoying reading Christina Lee’s books. And I preordered Whisper to Me, the third book in the series and Rachel’s story, yesterday. May 20th is too far away, but I will be glad when I finally get my hands on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment