Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Redesigned by Denis Grover Swank ♥♥♥.8



I almost didn’t read Redesigned by Denise Grover Swank because I didn’t really enjoy the first book, After Math, very much. But when deciding what to read next, I accidentally clicked on it, and I decided to give it a chance. And I’m glad I did. Redesigned was much better than After Math; we get a much fuller story in Redesigned.

In Redesigned we get Caroline’s story (we meet her in books one). She keeps everything about her life growing up to herself, hoping no one she grew up poor in a trailer park. And she plans on using part of her senior year to find a suitable (rich) prospective husband. But that’s hard to do when she has feeling for Reed, a math graduate student who plans on becoming a professor. But like Caroline, he’s hiding parts of his past too.

These characters are stubborn, strong-willed people who don’t know what to do with their feelings for each other. Watching them fight, forced together, and figure out what they want from each other and how to trust each other was a beautiful story. And while the moment where Caroline is thrust into adulthood is a bit heavy handed, I thought it was a good way to tie things up.

I enjoyed this story and the characters. It probably would have been four ♥s if some of the sex scenes weren’t a bit too much for me (although maybe it’s just the right type for you). Either way, I’m looking forward to the next book, Business as Usual, now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment