Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron ♥♥



UnWrittenUnwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron was not at all what I expected it to be. I bought thus book based on the author’s previous books. I really loved My Favorite Mistake, and while I knew Unwritten would be different, it was a bit of a disappointment.

Unwritten tells Blair’s story. She’s a children’s librarian by day and a writes romance novels with her best friend and roommate, Raine, by night. At the library she meets sexy Brit, Declan, who everyone feels bears a strong resemblance to Draco Malfoy (the book character, not Tom Felton, the actor who played him). Declan has a son and doesn’t want anything serious. Blair is content with just having fun with Declan, even though she thinks she may be falling for him. We see the story of Declan and Blair’s relationship play out, along with many different side stories.

There were a few things I didn’t enjoy about this story, the main thing being that the story was all over the place. There was drama with Blair’s book, with her family, with Declan’s nanny, and with Blair’s job. Even if Blair had one or two issues not involving Declan that would have been fine, but there were so many different things going on, and not much had to do with their relationship.

Another problem I had was how much Blair brought up her weight. She never really complained, but she brought it up more than seemed necessary, as if it was outrageous that someone like Declan would want to be with someone who had Blair’s particular body type. Or as if we, the readers, would forget what Blair looked like if we were not reminded.

The last issue I had was that Blair said she was twenty-three, but she seemed older than that, more like she was in her thirties. It made the book seem more like a contemporary romance than new adult as Blair didn’t really have any of the issues that a twenty something would.


Overall, I felt the body was just a bit boring. When I was half finished I was ready for the story be over so I could move on to a new book. I’m hoping Chelsea M. Cameron writes more for the My Favorite Escape series. The two books in that series were really great. So I’d say check that series out if you get a chance. Let me know what you think if you check out Unwritten or the My Favorite Escape series.
 





Unwritten on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment