Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Upside Down by Lia Riley ♥♥♥♥♥

Upside Down (Off the Map, #1)I’ve been waiting for Upside Down by Lia Riley to come out for so long now that I don’t remember where I first heard about it. Although I’m pretty sure it was from another author. But I have to say I enjoyed this book so much more than I though was even possible.

Upside Down tells Talia’s story. She’s dealing with the death of her older sister, her parents’ divorce, failing school grades, and OCD when she makes the trip to Australia for a semester abroad. There she meets Bran, a hot Australian who is far from having his life together. Bran and Talia embark on a strange dance around what they mean to each other; the outcome is a roller coaster ride of a story.

Normally, I’m not a fan of travel stories because the setting takes on the responsibility of becoming one of the characters. It takes time to get to know the place, to know who the place is, but that was not the case with this book. Lia Riley did an amazing job of making Australia feel as if it were any other place a book could take place, and maybe it’s because she lived there that Australia feels lived in as opposed to a new terrain the reader has to explore along with Talia. Lia Riley’s ability to do that really made the story the focus, and I loved that.

Bran and Talia were so flawed and so real there was no way not to like them. Especially Talia. For all she’s dealing with she is amazingly resilient. And the relationship between Bran and Talia felt real. I couldn’t put this book down. It was funny, heart wrenching, and made my heart burst with so many good feels.

Put down whatever you’re doing and go read this book! I can’t wait for the next one, Sideswiped! October is too far away. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment