Pages

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Rules of Survival by Jus Accardo ♥♥♥



Rules of SurvivalRules of Survival by Jus Accardo is another book I found out about through BookBub. I can’t remember if it was free or just really cheap, but it was worth it to give a new author (well, new to me; she has plenty of other books) a shot.

Rules of Survival is really a story about Kayla. She’s on the run after being accused of her mother’s murder a year ago. And she’s trying to find out who the real killer is. She is literally shackled to bounty hunter, Shaun, who agrees to help find the real killer instead of turning Kayla in right away. Oh, and did I mention Shaun loses the key. So they are on the run and stuck together. And, of course, they kind of fall for each other.

I’m not a huge fan of murder mysteries, and this book seemed to be in that vein of storytelling, except with young people. I just didn’t really enjoy the drama that ensued from looking for a murderer and from Kayla and Shaun being handcuffed together. And then there were so many small revealing of secrets that the end “big reveal” wasn’t very surprising.

If you like mysteries, you will probably enjoy this story.  There was nothing wrong with the story in general. I just didn’t enjoy it. That being said, I didn’t hate it either. So give it a chance and decide for yourself. Let me know what you think!

Rules of Survival on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment