Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Down to You by M. Leighton ♥



Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)Down to You by M.Leighton turned out to be something entirely different from what I was expecting. M. Leighton has written many books (this is the first I’ve read), and Down to You in particular has four stars on Goodreads. So I was expecting a pretty good book. Let me tell you what I got instead.

Down to You tells Olivia’s story. She meets bad boy Cash one night at a bachelorette party, and his twin brother Nash the next morning. Nash also happens to be her cousin/roommate’s boyfriend. Long story short, Olivia gets a job at Cash’s bar and falls for both brothers. I really enjoyed the idea of this story, its implications, and all the ways it could play out.

I thought all that potential was wasted on the big secret and reveal and too many sensual scenes. The twins’ secret wasn’t as surprising as it was made out to be. And there was hardly any time where Olivia wasn’t with one of the twins, thinking about one of the twins, or on the phone with one of the twins. Where was Olivia’s alone time? Where was her life outside of those two guys? We don’t really get any of that which made Olivia a bit of a boring main character. And the sex scenes? They were a bit too much for me.

I was all around disappointed. I don’t think I will be reading the rest of the series. Have you read any other books by M. Leighton, or even this one? Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment