Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire ♡♡.5

Beautiful Burn (The Maddox Brothers, #4)Beautiful Burn by Jamie McGuire is the fourth and final book in The Maddox Brothers series. I loved Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster, but I have to say, I only really enjoyed Trent story from this new series. The rest, including this one, just weren't there for me.

This book is mostly about Ellie. She is a rich, alcoholic who is used to getting what she wants and hurting everyone in her path along the way. She hooks up with Tyler Maddox about 15 minutes into meeting him, pushes him away, and we watch as they try and make things work throughout the story.

Because I love Beautiful Disaster so much, I was hoping for the same with The Maddox Brothers series, but I have been very disappointed, and Beautiful Burn was no different. Ellie was a fairly unlikable character. Even when I was able to get on her side, the stakes weren't high enough. I understand that wealthy people have problems just like everyone else, but I never believed her parents really wouldn't take her back. The story felt rushed; there were big gaps in time and then Tyler would blurt things out which would quickly move the story along. It's like the story was trying to make sure we saw the whole cast of characters we had met in previous books, but it made the timeline of the book feel awkward.

I think I'm at the point where I say it's okay to love two books from an author, but not enjoy any of the rest. I don't think I will be reading any more books by Jamie McGuire; I loved two out of six books, and think I can be content with that.

Have you read anything by Jamie McGuire? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment