Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tease by Sophie Jordan ♥♥♥♥

Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)Tease by SophieJordan in the second and penultimate book in The Ivy Chronicles series. And I think it was even better than Foreplay.  There’s still plenty of sexual tension, but I felt there was just something more to this story.

Tease is the story of Emerson and Shaw. Emerson is going to school as an art major, spending her time with pretty boys, and appearing to be the epitome of fun. Shaw has recently returned from a tour in the Marines. They’re both dealing with some crappy family issues (Shaw’s whose go unresolved in this story). Shaw refuses to give up in his pursuit of Emerson. And Emerson is doing everything she can to push him away. Will she give in to the pull she’s feeling?

There was a lot of back and forth in this book. I would think Shaw and Emerson were finally going to happen only for them to fall apart all over again. The story really keeps you on your toes. And we learn some big secrets Emerson has been keeping from everyone. The only complaint I have is that I don’t feel we get to know Shaw very well. We learn things about him from his actions, but we don’t get much background about what he was like before the Marines.

I’m really glad I picked up this series. I’m looking forward to the next (and last) book in the series, Wild. I’m also glad the author is sticking with the main three girls. There’s something more intimate about getting to know them all from everyone else’s perspective and then from their own. Let me know what you think. Happy Reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment