Pages

Monday, March 23, 2015

Plain Jayne by Lauren Drewry ♡♡♡

Plain Jayne (Friends First, #1)Plain Jayne by Lauren Drewry is the first book I have read by this author. I picked it up when it was on sale through BookBub.

The story is Jayne moves back to her hometown to take over grandmother's bookstore after her grandmother's death. Her best friend Nick still lives in town, and they are picking up right where they left off. But the bookstore isn't in good condition and the apartment above in uninhabitable. So Jayne stays with Nick while they get the place fixed up. Each has feelings for the other, and neither is sure if they want to explore those feelings. We watch their story unfold.

I really don't have much to say about this story. It was well written, and it had no grammatical errors that I could see, but something was missing. I didn't really connect with the characters. Also, I'm pretty sure BookBub marketed this book as a new adult (although I can't be sure since I purchased the book some time ago), and it was definitely contemporary romance. The characters were in their thirties, possibly part of the reason I had trouble connecting with them.

But it had all the makings of a good story and a great premise. Have you read this book? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment