Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rhett by J. S. Cooper ♡♡♡.5

Rhett (Rhett, #1)Rhett by J. S. Cooper is another book I found out about through BookBub. I thought the premise sounded interesting, so I decided to give it a try. This is the first new adult book I've read since I decided to take a break from them.

Rhett tells the story of Rhett and Clementine from Rhett's perspective. Rhett and Clementine have been best friends since elementary school. Since he hit puberty, Rhett has been with many different girls, while Clementine has been his best friend and dated no one. Now that Clementine is thinking about dating, Rhett is starting to realize he doesn't want her to be with anyone. He wants her instead. And we watch as everything starts to fall apart.

This was probably the first new adult book I've read which is entirely from the guy's perspective. I really enjoyed the story, and I loved the friendship Rhett and Clementine had. It seemed real and so genuine.

Since the story was from Rhett's perspective the book was much more explicit than I usually enjoy. Even the sex scenes were more vulgar than what I usually read or enjoy. There were also quite a few places with grammatical errors.

Overall, I enjoyed Rhett, and will likely read the next book, Rhett in Love. Has anyone else read this book? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment