Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Fair Game by Monica Murphy ♡♡♡♡.5

Fair Game (The Rules, #1)Fair Game by Monica Murphy is the first book in The Rules series. I really enjoyed her One Week Girlfriend series, so I thought I would give this book a shot. I wish I had waited until the whole series was out, because now I am desperate to get my hands on the rest of this series!

Fair Game tells the story of Jade and Shep. Jade is a normal freshman girl, out at an illegal gambling house with her boyfriend, when she becomes part of the bet. Shep can't keep his eyes of Jade, and he makes a hand of poker interesting by making Jade part of the game. And Shep wins.

Jade doesn't want any part in the biggest player on campus, but he's persistent, and she finally agrees to a date. Jade and Shep are fighting their feelings, and things heat between them pretty quickly.

Initially, I was not into this story. Shep seemed too set on how he owned Jade because of the bet and he was extremely demanding, and I really hated that. I never read Fifty Shades, but it seemed thing might be going in that direction, and that's not something I'm interested in. But it turned out Shep just needed an in, and in the end he was sweet and charming.

There were lots of steamy scenes, so if you're not interested in that, then this is not the book for you. But it was a beautiful story of people who come from different worlds and making things work despite their differences.

Do you love a story with a billionaire boyfriend, or do you think they're being overdone?

No comments:

Post a Comment