Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

For Now by Chelsea M. Cameron ♡♡♡.5

For Now (Rules of Love, #2)For Now by Chelsea M. Cameron is the second book in the Rules of Love series. I read the first book in this series over a year ago, and was happy to see that there was a new one. Chelsea M. Cameron can be hit or miss for me, but I definitely enjoyed this story.

I read this book in one day. It was a quick, short read. For Now tells the story of Hazel and Javier. Both of them are players; they sleep around, have no intentions of settling down, and they both have pretty crappy families. But something pulls them to each other, and neither is doing a great job at resisting the temptation.

I enjoyed this story for the most part. I thought Hazel was a very strong, independent woman, and I love seeing that in characters who can also be vulnerable. And Javier was a sweetheart even when he was being a jackass.

The only issue I had was that there were many times when a character's reaction was on the same line as another character's dialogue. This made it very confusing when there was no indicator of who said what, especially since the story was in first person. It really distracted me from what was happening since I would have to go back and figure out who said what. If it weren't for that this story was definitely 4.5 stars!

If you haven't read Chelsea M. Cameron before, then you should start with My Favorite Mistake. That is the best book she has written (in my opinion).

Anyone else read any books by Chelsea M. Cameron? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment