Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Sweet by Tammara Webber ♡♡♡♡.5

Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)Sweet by Tammara Webber is the third book in the Contours of the Heart series (but can be read as a standalone). Tammara Webber is the first New Adult author I ever read, so I was excited to see a new book out from her. I held off reading it because the book description did not look that appealing to me, but I knew I couldn't hold out forever. And it turned out to be much better than than I expected.

Sweet tells the story of Boyce and Pearl. They have known each other since they were children, but their lives took different paths. Both have liked each other always, but neither thought anything could ever happen.

This story was a slow build up with lots of flashbacks. I think those flashbacks add a lot to the story and slow down the pacing, which was perfect. I loved the characters, their story, and the way they come together slow and apprehensive. The story takes place in Texas (debatable for some on whether it is part of the south, most of us southerners consider Texas its own entity), and the slow pace of the story give it a real southern feel. And, as always, I love a happily ever after.

Have you read any Tammara Webber? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment