Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

When Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill ♡♡♡.5

When Joss Met MattWhen Joss Met Matt by Ellie Cahill is the first book I’ve read by this author. I bought the book when it came up in my email as an offer from BookBub. It sat around on my Nook for a while, until right about a week ago, and I was pleasantly surprised with the book.

When Joss Met Matt tells the story of two friends who meet in college. When heartbreak strikes Joss, Matt offers to be her sorbet guy; he will help her forget her heartbreak through sex. It works, and they come back to each other time and time again to help each other forget all the things that make their other relationships fall apart. And during the times in between sorbet, they’re great friends.

I sincerely enjoyed When Joss Met Matt. The book was lighthearted, fairly clean (although I don’t mind when the books are a bit less clean, this story was light on the bedroom details), and pretty different from other books I have read recently. It took a bit of time to get used to the book going back and forth between the present day and different points in the past. It was a bit like watching Memento for the time (but much less confusing). 

Small warning: this story takes place over about seven years. That was probably my biggest complaint about the book. Everything was a small snippet of the character's lives. I didn't feel I got to know or connect with the characters as much because of that, especially considering most of those encounters revolved around Joss and Matt's dating lives. This gave the book a bit of a YA feel.

I think this is a great read for in between the heavy stuff or if you’re looking for a book that’s not about to rip your heart out.

When do you need a light read most. Leave your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment