Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker ♡♡♡♡.5

Touch Me Not (Manwhore, #1)Touch Me Not by Apryl Baker is the first book I've read by this author, even though she's has a bunch that I may be checking out now. I'm pretty lucky because the last few books I've read have been pretty great. And Touch Me Not was no exception.

Touch Me Not tells the story of Lily. She experienced a traumatic experience as a teenager, and now she can't stand to have anyone touch her, to the point of full on panic attacks. She's in her senior year of college when she encounters Boston University’s biggest player, Nikoli. He wants her, but he also wants to help her with her phobia. And that's where this story takes place.

This is one of very few New Adult books where the story takes place in third person, which I have to say, was a bit distracting at first. But I think it can be difficult to go from so many first person narratives to third person, so no fault on the author for that. I really enjoyed this story though. The writing was great, and I loved the premise. This story reminded me a bit of Beautiful Disaster (maybe a little too similar; I was a bit distracted in the beginning by the similarities), and if you liked that story, then you'll like this one, too!

It's the first in a series, and I'm looking forward to see what's coming next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment