Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Sherrilyn Kenyon

Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #14)I have gotten really behind on reading (becoming part of a book club has really slow me down). So, instead of reviewing a book I want to talk about an author.

The author who got me started reading adult romance (as opposed to YA) is Sherrilyn Kenyon. When I was reading more YA, I was obsessed with anything paranormal. Harry Potter got me started reading about witches and wizards and I never wanted it to end. I started reading the Dark Hunters series in college and I gobbled them up. But she doesn't just write paranormal, but also science fiction, and if you read under her pen name, historical romance.

I love how she is able to take characters from the pits of hell, bring them out of their shell, and teach them how to love. And without Sherrilyn Kenyon, I never would have even started reading new adult books.

If if you haven't read any of her books, I urge you to check them out. I read them out of order in the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend it if you want to be able to keep all those characters straight.

What's your favorite Sherrilyn Kenyon book? Mine is Acheron!

****I'm thinking about writing more blogs where I do more than review the books, but talk about authors, themes, or the book industry. What do you think? Shoot me an email, or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment