Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Idol by Kristen Callihan ♡♡♡

Idol (VIP, #1)Idol by Kristen Callihan is the first book in the VIP series. I've read her Game On series, and I loved it, and I love a good rock star story.

Idol tells the story of Libby, who is living as a hermit in North Carolina, and Killian, a rock star who literally shows, drunk, up on her lawn. We watch as the two grow close and go off on a whirlwind adventure full of music, fun, and tons of drama.

I liked the book, but it just wasn't as good as the Game On, and it doesn't hold a torch to Jamie Shaw’s Mayhem series. I didn't feel connected to the characters, and again, just like with Charged, I felt like there were so many sex scenes, and they weren't all necessary. I think the writing was good, but

The last two new adult books I've read have had a lot of sex, and not for the sake of the plot. It might be time for a new adult break.

What do you think? Has new adult become sexier? If you think it has, do you think that's a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment