Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sass by Laramie Briscoe ♡♡

SassSass by Laramie Briscoe is I book I picked up through BookBub. I was a little disappointed since it was marked as new adult, and then the first page of the book said contemporary romance. But all the same, it was a fairly quick, entertaining read.

Sass tells the story of Sass and Reed. Reed is getting over his breakup with his cheating fiancé, and Sass agrees to pretend to be Reed’s girlfriend to case jealousy. I love the pretend girlfriend stories, so I was looking forward to this.

Overall, the story was OK. At 150 pages, the story moved fairly quickly, and there wasn't much depth to the characters or story. Everything was pretty surface level (having just finished Me Before You, that may have been for the best).

I did almost give up up the book after reading the prologue. The main character, Reed, threatens to force himself on his fiancé after he finds her cheating. While it was said in anger and in a moment of vulnerability, I couldn't like him much after that. I don't care how angry you are, that's no idle threat, and it was unnecessary.

I'm not sure if I would read another book by Laramie Briscoe; for the most part, I prefer longer books where there's more than romance going on; this book was more like a story written around romantic scenes. But maybe another of her books with catch my eye in the future. I'm not ruling it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment