Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Tell Me When by Stina Lindenblatt ♥♥♥♥♥



Tell-Me-When-coverI couldn’t be happier that I read Tell Me When. This is another book I found through Twitter, and the author, Stina Lindenblatt, was quite nice (We tweeted back and forth for a bit about our love of New Adult even though we both used to read YA. I saw she wrote a book, it looked interesting, so I bought it). Tell Me When is the story of Amber and Marcus and their struggles to be together despite their struggles with difficult pasts. Only dealing with their pasts is much more of a problem than either of them imagined.

There are so many things I want to say about this book, but so much of it would cause spoilers. Instead, I’ll just say expect surprises around every corner. But there is so much emotion in this story, and the characters in this story, with all their issues, are some of the most genuine characters I’ve ever read.

If you’re going to read a book by a new author, then this is the one to choose! I will warn you that the book deals with some serious issues, and while we don’t really see anything, in depth, you may want to prepare yourself for the disturbing pasts Amber and Marcus have endured.

It was great to see characters that were so courageous. I haven’t read many books about people who live in the inner cities and the issues that can go along with that. Neither have I read books about girls going through the issues that Amber is going through in this story. But I have to say the scenarios seemed realistic as did the characters reactions to them. Getting through such difficult situations and coming out on the other side untainted by their situations was a great thing to read.

I hope we will have more books from Stina in the future!

Tell Me When on Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment