Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

If Only by AJ Pine ♥♥♥.5



A few weeks before I read this book, quite a few authors on Twitter were talking about If Only by AJ Pine. I’m not sure if the book had just come out (although I expect it had). I needed something to read. And Twitter had the answers to my prayers.

If Only is the story of Jordan’s school year in Aberdeen. She meets two American boys on the train from London. She meets Griffin first, who flirts mercilessly. Then she meets Noah, with whom she meets in the train compartment to the bathroom, and they end up doing some serious kissing.  That kiss from Noah causes Jordan to fall hard, but she gets to Aberdeen to find out that Noah has a girlfriend. So, Jordan and Griffin decide to have a go at being together just for fun. But Noah obviously still has feelings for Jordan. And we watch the mess that are these relationships unfold.

I enjoyed reading this book. You could tell the author had really been to Aberdeen, and her writing made me feel like I was there too. It’s not often I see a New Adult book that has so much traveling, and I really enjoyed it.

The relationships also felt real. We not only see how Jordan interacts with Noah and Griffin, but also with her best friend, Sam, who is back home in the states. She also makes another friend in Aberdeen. So it’s not all boys.

The most disappointing part of the book was that Jordan picked two American boys. When I read about a girl meeting guys in another country, I hope she will have the good sense to meet some cute foreign boys with sexy accents. Preferably British accents. But I can’t hold it against the author too much.



Overall, I really did like this story. The writing was so beautiful. Perhaps AJ Pine spends her spare time with Gatsby. This was a great debut novel, and I’m looking forward to more. 



No comments:

Post a Comment