Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Whisper to Me by Christina Lee ♥♥♥♥.5



Whisper to Me is the third book in Christina Lee’s Between Breaths series. I really enjoyed the other books in this series, and Rachel and Kai’s story was no exception.

Kai was with Rachel all through Rachel’s recovery after a motorcycle accident in high school. They were close until they went separate ways for college. But now they’re back in each others' lives, living at Kai’s sister’s apartment for the summer. And the two decide to hook up for the summer. But neither knows what the other really wants, and Rachel’s not even sure what she wants for herself.

The story is beautiful and heart wrenching. I never was really sure where the story was going to end up. I was never sure if Kai and Rachel would work out. The story really kept me guessing about the summer was going to end.

All in all I really enjoyed the story, just like I have the previous stories, and hopefully the way I will enjoy the stories to come. It was great to see some diversity too. Kai is Dutch and Native American, and I know we don’t see many multicultural characters in books. I was really happy to see that. And he was super hot.

So, start with the first if you haven’t read the series. But give it a go. The books are great.

*Note: Some of the intimate moments were a bit intense. You have been warned :)

No comments:

Post a Comment