Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wrecked by Priscilla West ♥♥♥



Wrecked by Priscilla West has often been compared to Jamie McGuire’s Beautiful Disaster. I’m going to try really hard not to compare them. There are two reasons I don’t want to compare them. First, it’s not fair that just because both stories have hot fighters they get lumped together. Second, Hunter is no Travis Maddox. I will say that if you haven’t read Beautiful Disaster, or any of the rest of the series, you’re missing out. They are some of my favorite books. Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about Wrecked.

This is the story of Lorrie and Hunter. Lorrie is returning to college after taking three semesters off due to the murder of her mother and suicide of her father. She’s trying to live her life as normally as possible, but she’s not sure she can do that after she meets MMA fighter Hunter. And we watch the friendship turned romance of two broken people.

I really enjoyed this story. For the most part, it had everything that makes a good New Adult novel. But I felt like it was missing something, although I’m not sure what. I hadn’t read this before, but for the first half of the book, I had the feeling I had. I just didn’t feel much like reading the book, and that was disappointing. I didn’t feel connected to the characters. The book also had some grammar issues, which was distracting.

The book was enjoyable in the end. I just couldn’t really get into it. I would say give it a try. Just because I didn’t feel anything doesn’t mean you won’t. Feelings make books hard, because while I can see and appreciate Wrecked was a good story, if I don’t feel anything then I can’t love the book. Maybe you will:)

No comments:

Post a Comment