Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers ♥♥♥.75



I almost didn’t read A Little Too Far by Lisa Desrochers, thinking I already knew how the book would turn out. But a few authors on Twitter were saying they loved to books. That was all the motivation I needed to dive right in. And I’m glad I did.

A Little Too Far tells the story of Lexie, a college junior about to spend a year taking art history classes in Rome. On the night before she leaves she sleeps with her stepbrother, Trent, who she happens to consider her best friend.  Good thing she’s leaving the country because Lexie isn’t sure she can handle what they did, thinking her friends and family will be disgusted.

In Rome, Lexie meets soon to be priest, Alessandro. He’s a young, Italian hottie, but, obviously, he’s already in a relationship the big guy upstairs. But with all the time Lexie and Alessandro spend together giving tours at the Vatican, there’s no denying there’s something between them.

We watch as Lexie tries to determine what she should do about wanting Trent, who is technically (and legally) an option, but may be the downfall of her family. And then there’s Alessandro, who Lexie may burn in Hell for tempting.

I really enjoyed reading this book. It didn’t go at all the way I was expecting. I won’t give it away, but you should read it and find out. I will say, I think the ending is a bit rushed. I really wanted to know what Lexie’s friends would say about the person she chose. Fingers crossed that we find out in another book in the series. The book also wasn’t as dark as I expected, which was a relief. I enjoy happy endings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment