Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Deeper by Robin York ♥♥♥♥.5



I bought Deeper by Robin York because there was a great deal and it sounded like an interesting story. I have so many feelings about this book. I even tried sleeping on it to help me figure everything out, but really, I think it’s good to find a book that makes me feel unsure and feel so many different things.

Deeper starts on the say Caroline fins out her ex, Nate, posted pictures of her online (pictures he took of them having sex when they were together.). For obvious reasons, this sets Caroline spiraling. She hears the voices of all the disgusting guys who have seen her pictures, pictures they leave awful comments about. She can’t sleep at night, and spends her nights driving around her college town. All of this leads her to West. Everything seems to lead her to West.

This story was gritty, raw, sexy, and so unexpected. The people felt real. West didn’t keep many of his dirty thoughts to himself. We heard the voices Caroline heard in her head. And the relationship between Caroline and West was always on a precipice. I never knew if they were going to move away from the cliff to safety or fall off and cease to exist together.

I loved it because I didn’t know what was going to happen, and their feeling for each other felt like everything.  And it made me so angry that so many things were keeping them apart.  It was as if life or destiny didn’t want them together.

And the end? Ugh. The end was hard to handle. I don’t think it’s bad to have a book end in a way that’s unexpected. It made me feel so many things.  I really enjoyed that Deeper was too steamy, so real, made me furious, happy, then sad. I am so looking forward to reading Harder so I can see what happens next. Give this book a read (be warned it’s heavier on sex than the books I usually read). It was amazing. So awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment