Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Built by Jay Crownover ♡♡♡♡

Built (Saints of Denver, #1)Built by Jay Crownover is the first book in her new series Saints of Denver. I put off reading this book, much like I do all of Jay’s, because not only did I wanted to savor it, but I was slightly apprehensive about starting a new series.

Built tells the story of Zeb and Sayer. Zeb owns his own construction company, but has a bit of a murky past (although not Welcome to the Point murky) and Sayer is a family attorney who moved to Denver to reunite with the brother she didn't know she had. Sayer tries hard not to have feelings for Zeb, but he's a difficult guy not to melt for.

I love Jay Crownover and her books. I was happy to start this new series, and I think I'm going to really enjoy getting to know new characters. That being said, I am disappointed that this is more contemporary and less new adult than her previous books, something I was not expecting. The charters in this story start to deal with more “real adult” issues, and I'm personally not at a point in my life where I'm interested in reading about characters who are more settled in their adulthood. I also felt like this book had more sex scenes, and I wasn't prepared for that either.

Even though I'm not sure I'm ready to.make the move from new adult to contemporary romance, this was a extremely well written book that tackled emotional abuse very well. To me, it also felt like the most poetically written of Jay’s books. I look forward to seeing where the rest of the series goes, especially the next book, Charged!

No comments:

Post a Comment