Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Play of Light by Debra Doxer ♡♡♡.5

Play of LightPlay of Light by  Debra Doxer was a book I found through NetGalley. And I really did enjoy the story.

Play of Light tells the story of Sarah and Spencer. Sarah leads a fairly boring life until Spencer comes to town. She wants to be good friend to him above everything else, but he makes that difficult with the home life he doesn't want anyone to find out about and his brooding nature. And then everything thing goes to hell when tragedy strikes. They're brought back together 5 years later, and all their demons come back to life.

I thought this was a solidly good story. It was interesting to see Spencer and Sarah grow up together and be pushed back together years later. And their chemistry in the story was great.

The story started in the past, went to the present, back to the past, and then back to the present. I would have liked if the story started in the past and then went to the present. I understand this might be difficult since the characters aren't really established in our minds, but it would have made the story more coherent.

Overall, I think this was a great story, and I would recommend reading it. Have you read any of Debra Doxer's books? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment